How It Works
- Send photos for evaluation: Bring on your phone, tablets or memory stick or email photos of your items to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can get a sense of the style and condition of your furniture. When you have multiple photos that would make for large file size, please send several photos in each of successive emails.
- You may bring small items in to the store during business hours (or a portable piece of your furniture, such as a drawer, cushion, side chair) without an appointment, and we can evaluate them right away. If you have a houseful of furniture, we can come to your home for evaluation. Please send some representative photos first so we can have some idea of what you need to be evaluated.
Along with your photos, please include:
- Manufacture of your furniture
- Dimensions for large items
- Additional information you would like to share with us (such as original price, history, condition, etc.)
What We Accept
We accept high-quality furnishings that are in very good to mint condition. Design, style, and scale are important considerations. We look for furniture from better quality manufacturers and smoke-free environments.
- Other interior & garden accessories
We do NOT carry mattresses, electronics, chandeliers, appliances, window treatments, and beddings.
- Please clean your items before bringing them in.
- Repair or replace broken hardware.
- We reserve the right to refuse items upon arrival if they are not clean and in good condition.
We can refer you to an affordable professional pick-up service, and the moving charge will be deducted from your consignment account. You may bring your large items to the store yourself with an appointment.
We don’t have a moving staff in the showroom and we ask you to bring your helpers.
Pricing & Contracting
After your items arrive at the store, we determine the prices of your items based on our experience of selling similar items, current market research, and the style and condition of your items. We will create an inventory list with the prices, and email it to you, along with our Contract. If you agree with the price and the consignment terms, you can respond via email. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us ASAP, so we can come to a mutual agreement.
Basic Terms of Consignment
Our terms include a 45-day consignment period during which we pay 45% of the selling price to the consignor. When we extend the consignment period beyond the 45 days, the consignor will receive 35%. Consignment checks are issued and mailed monthly, on 10th of each month. For the complete consignment terms, please see our Contract.
What if we don’t sell?
The consignor may retrieve the unsold items after 45 days, or we may extend the consignment period for 15 or more days with the reduced price. We may reduce the selling price until the consigned items sell, or we will arrange a donation to a local charity.
Online Viewing of Your Account
You can view your consignment account online once you sign up for this free service. You can log in to see what has sold, when it sold, at what price and your account balance.
Sell with Confidence, without Stress
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff at Foryu is happy to assist you through every step of the process.
We welcome your call (425-865-9886), email email@example.com or visit our store.
Trust us with your quality furnishings. We are here to make this process as easy as possible!