How It Works
- Send photos for evaluation to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us to get a sense of the style and condition of your furniture.
- We do not take walk-ins. Please call/email ahead of time and we can schedule you for an appointment.
- For health and safety protocols, we no longer send our representative to evaluate pieces in your homes. If you have a houseful of furniture that you want to consign, take photos and email them to email@example.com. When you have many photos, you may want to send them in successive emails.
Along with your photos, please include:
- Manufacture of your furniture
- Dimensions for large items
- Additional information you would like to share with us (such as original price, history, condition, etc.)
What We Accept
We accept high-quality furnishings that are in very good to mint condition. Design, style, and scale are important considerations. We look for furniture from better quality manufacturers and smoke-free environments.
- Other interior & garden accessories
We do NOT carry mattresses, sleeper sofas, electronics, wall sconces, chandeliers, appliances, window treatments, beddings, kitchenware, dinnerware, and silver settings.
- Please clean your items before bringing them in.
- Repair or replace broken hardware.
- We reserve the right to refuse items upon arrival if they are not clean and in good condition.
- If we are to clean your consignments, we will charge a cleaning fee.
We have some good, local movers that we can recommend, and the moving charge will be deducted from your consignment account.
We do NOT have a moving staff in the showroom, and for liability and safety reasons, our staff are not allowed to carry heavy items. Please bring your own helpers if you plan on dropping off large, heavy or fragile items.
Pricing & Contracting
After your items arrive at the store, we determine the prices of your items based on our experience of selling similar items, current market research, and the style and condition of your items. We will create an inventory list with the prices, and email it to you, along with our Contract. If you agree with the price and the consignment terms, you can respond via email. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us ASAP, so we can come to a mutual agreement.
Basic Terms of Consignment
Our terms include a 45-day consignment period during which we pay 40% of the selling price to the consignor. When we extend the consignment period beyond 45 days, the consignor will receive 30%. Consignment checks are issued and mailed monthly, on the 10th of each month. For the complete consignment terms, please see our Contract.
What if we don’t sell?
The consignor may retrieve the unsold items after 45 days, or we may extend the consignment period for 15 or more days with the reduced price. We may reduce the selling price until the consigned items sell, or we will arrange a donation to a local charity.
Online Viewing of Your Account
You can view your consignment account online once you sign up for this free service. You can log in to see what has sold, when it sold, at what price, and your account balance.
Sell with Confidence, without Stress
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff at Foryu is happy to assist you through every step of the process.
We welcome your call (425-865-9886), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our store.
Trust us with your quality furnishings. We are here to make this process as easy as possible!